Demand for local African content is on the rise, and an emerging offer is building up. Actors are however challenged by the lack of resources allocated to the content industry, preventing it to become competitive at the regional level and globally. Panellists will review the general aspects of content financing, including the line of funding (local and international) and its source (crowdfunding, self-funding, association with media group).
This panel will look at :
-Line of funding available (Local and international)
-Source of funding: crowdfunding, self funding or association with big media group?
-Case Study with Ubongo
- Duncan Irvine- Founder & CEO- Rapid Blue
- Tamima Ibrahim – Head of Content – Switch TV
- Nisha Ligon – Co Founder & CEO – Ubongo
- Yolanda Ncokotwana – Production & Development Manager – National Film and Video Foundation
- Lara Utian-Preston – Journalist – Screen Africa